Bulky Waste Disposal
Stroud District Council no longer offer free collection of bulky items, however if you have any furniture or other large items that are in reasonably good condition, why not donate them to a charity so other people can make use of them?
You could contact local charities such as:
- The British Heart Foundation will collect your unwanted furniture and electicals including:
To book a free and fast collection call your Gloucester Store on 01452 401 989 or click on BHF Collection
- Sofas, suites, armchairs
- Tables, chairs, desks, cabinets
- Beds and bedroom furniture
- TVs, Hi-Fis, washing machines, small electricals
- Clothes, shoes, books, DVDs, CDs, bric-a-brac and toys
- The Furniture Recycling Project - tel: 01452 302303 - or email:
- Emmaus - tel: 01452 413 095 or email:
- Sue Ryder - tel: 0845 050 1953 or email:
- Stroud District Furniture Bank work together with the Stroud Foodbank and can use your unwanted furniture to make a positive change in our community.
For more details see their website.
- Stroud Foodbank - tel: 01453 367 077
There are also several websites that you can advertise your unwanted items for free including Freecycle and Freegle.
Recycling your bulky items:
- Small (no bigger than a toaster or kettle) electrical items can be taken to your local recycling bring site and placed in a WEEE (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment) bank to be recycled
- If items are not in a reusable condition and you have your own transport, you can take them to the HRC (Household Recycling Centres) at Pyke Quarry Horsley or Hempstead Gloucester free of charge.
Community | Home Page | Back to Top
Bisley-with-Lypiatt Parish Council
Last updated 12 February 2016