Roads and Transport
Follow Glos Highways on Twitter
- Road closures
If you require any further information regarding these closures please contact Amey Gloucestershire on 08000 514 514.
- The road from Old Cottage to War Memorial Road, Oakridge Lynch, will be closed outside Jasmine Cottage due to a collapsed wall. Works to repair this should be completed by 5th July 2018 - see map.
Snow Wardens - a local update of the current situation during winter weather, a map of the priority routes and links to weather forecasts and road reports
- Changes to local bus services
There have been a number of changes to local bus services affecting Bisley, Eastcombe and Oakridge from 5th September 2016. Cotswold Green will be providing the only service for our three villages - see the new timetable for service 8B. The weekly services to Cirencester and Gloucester have been discontinued.
The Stagecoach Service 64 between Stroud, Brimscombe and Bussage is still running.
- Transport Options
- Report a Pothole to Gloucestershire Highways (opens in a new window or tab).
- See an online map of current and scheduled road works in Gloucestershire (opens in a new window or tab).
- AA Traffic News - the BBC Travel News website is no longer available.
- The Gloucestershire County Council new Local Transport Plan (2015-2031).
- Gloucestershire Freight Gateway
Gloucestershire County Council has launched a new website which helps lorry companies to avoid low bridges, narrow lanes and weight restrictions, and plan where to stop.
The Freight Gateway is a new online service to help hauliers plan their lorry routes in and through the county. A lorry driver, or a logistics planner, can visit the website and enter the size of their vehicle by putting in its height, width and weight along with the journey start and finish points. A map will then be displayed which shows the best route to take. The suggested route will avoid any low bridges or narrow lanes, and any roads with a weight restriction which applies to that vehicle.
Residents can also use the new service to report to the council any lorries they see using an unsuitable route - just click on the 'Lorry Watch' tab at the top of the map.