MINUTES OF THE BISLEY-WITH-LYPIATT PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

HELD at 7.30 p.m. on WEDNESDAY, 6 FEBRUARY, 2002

at BISLEY WOMEN’S INSTITUTE HALL

Mrs P Carrick

 

Chairman

     

Mr M G Flint

}

 

Mrs J M Martin

}

Bisley Ward

Mr J P L Perkins

}

 

Mr N S Rogers

}

 
     

Mr T G Carter

}

 

Mr R K Brooks

}

Eastcombe Ward

Mrs J W Russell

}

 

Mrs O M Turner

}

 
 

}

 

Mr R N Budgeon

}

Oakridge Ward

Mr R S Bryant

}

 
     

Mrs E F Jordan

 

Clerk

     

In attendance: County Cllr Mr C Fellows

No members of the public were present

Mr Michael Rowan was unable to attend the meeting to talk on the Model Code of Conduct but will attend the March meeting.

The Chairman reported on the success of Thomas Keble School in being awarded Specialist College Technology status. The Clerk was asked to write and congratulate them on this achievement.

02.02

1.

Apologies for Absence

Mr A C Newman, previous appointment, District Cllr Miss L Greene

       

02.02

2.

Public Participation

   

There was nothing raised under this heading

       

02.02

3.

Minutes of Previous Meeting

   

The draft Minutes of the meeting held on 9 January 2002, having been circulated were approved and signed by the Chairman

02.02

4.

Matters Arising

   

a)

Bisley Road Quarry – Removal of Rubbish

     

The clerk reported that the County Council intended to put gates on the quarry and would remove the rubbish just before these were installed. Mr Carter asked that the Clerk write to the County Council with a request to keep the Parish informed.

   

b)

Toadsmoor Road

     

The County Council has been asked for a copy of the Contract in respect of work on Toadsmoor Road. Unfortunately, only a plan was sent and the Clerk was asked to contact them again and request a copy of the original contract between the County Council and the Contractor.

It was also noted that the footpath was impassable in places due to overhanging branches and overgrown shrubs. The Clerk was asked to contact the appropriate authority.

   

c)

Windyridge – Sod Cutting

     

Invitations have now been received for the Sod Cutting at Windyridge and it was noted that the original date had now been changed to 11th March.

   

d)

DEFRE Quality Parish & Town Councils

     

The Clerk confirmed that the Council’s comments in respect of the above draft had been sent and acknowledged.

   

e)

Street Lighting

     

The Clerk confirmed that a letter had been sent to the Community Safety Partnership indicating that no street lighting was required in the parish.

   

Mr Carter told the meeting that the Ward members had considered the question of a pedestrian crossing on the Eastcombe to Bisley road and could not see a suitable site and did not feel that it would be beneficial. The Clerk was asked to contact the County Council.

   

Mr Flint asked whether an answer to the letter sent to Sovereign Housing in respect of the ownership of the playground at Windyridge had been received. As there had been no answer to date, the Clerk was asked to chase it.

02.02

5.

District Council Matters

   

There was nothing raised under this heading

02.02

6.

County Council Matters

   

Mr Fellows told the meeting that he had handed a document to the Clerk showing all the road improvements and repairs for the next financial year. The Clerk will make this available to Councillors. Mr Flint asked whether it was certain whether these works would take place and Mr Fellows assured him that the work would be done unless prevented by circumstances beyond the Council’s control

   

He also stated that approval had been given by the County Council for the expenditure of £55K out of the next two years budget for a new classroom at Blue Coats School at Bisley.

Mr Bryant asked whether it was possible to ascertain the amount of the winter roads maintenance budget had been spent so far – this figure is not known.

Mr Fellows was asked if he knew when the work at Stancombe Triangle would commence. He was unable to answer and the Clerk was asked to contact the Highways Authority for this information.

Mr Fellows stated that £1000K of grant money would be available next year for permanent Jubilee projects.

02.02

7.

Finance

 

Receipts

£

VAT

Total

£  

Interest

     

Bisley Cricket Club – Hire of Pavilion

   

258.00

Hire of Bisley Pavilion

   

25.00

Oakridge Allotments – Rent

   

12.00

     

£295.00

Payments

   

 

JNC (Fire Protection) – Bisley Pavilion

21.25

3.72

24.97

Sodexho (Grass cutting)

124.00

21.70

145.70

Bisley W I (Hire of Hall)

   

12.00

E F Jordan (January Salary)

   

440.24

Inland Revenue (Tax & NI Payments)

   

25.32

 

145.25

25.42

£648.23

       

Cash Balance as at 31st January 2001 - £11,139.09

The Clerk told the meeting that there was still cash available to spend this financial year and the Wards will consider this for the next meeting.

Mr Brooks proposed that the money promised to the organisations in receipt of the Rural Grants this year should now be given. Mr Carter seconded this and it was passed unanimously.

02.02

8.

Matters for Discussion

   

a)

Eastcombe Allotments

     

The solicitor and County Council are checking the Bisley Enclosure Award to confirm ownership of the allotments by the Parish Council.

   

b)

Planning – New Scheme of Delegation

     

This document had been circulated to Planning Sub-Committee Chairman and the Clerk was asked to copy it to all Councillors. Mr Brooks said that it was not clear where or at what point Parish Councils would be notified of applications. Decisions should be forthcoming within 3 weeks. The District Council is trying to meet government guidelines. It was suggested that in order to reduce the time scale, e-mail could be used.

Mr Budgeon stated that he had received enquiries as to whether planning permission was needed for various activities, i.e. home working, sale of produce by farmers. The Clerk was asked to contact GAPTC for guidance on this.

   

c)

Meeting – David Drew MP

     

Councillors were asked to let the Clerk know if they wished to attend at meting with our David Drew MP on 27 March in Horsley Village Hall.

   

d)

Dr Crouch’s Road Closure – Jubilee Celebrations

     

The Ward had no objection to this.

   

e)

Transport Plan

     

The Chairman stated that she had had a meeting with Mrs Turner and District Cllr Greene to pursue this project and be eligible for a grant. They are obtaining advice from a Consultant in respect of the best way forward and exploring every alternative, i.e. bus in partnership with adjacent parishes, taxi service as well as suitable routes and timings. She will report back in due course.

   

f)

Parliamentary Question – Second Homes

     

David Drew MP had requested the Council’s views on the subject of second homes. The Council considered the questions put to them and the Clerk was asked to reply to Mr Drew.

   

g)

Bus Service – Fare Increase

     

A letter had been received from the County Council showing the increases for next year. The Council found these to be acceptable.

   

h)

Aims and Objectives for 2002/03

     

The Chairman asked the wards to consider these and report back at the next meeting.

02.02

9.

Planning

The following applications have been received and the following are the Council’s responses during the last month.

   

3 Jasmine Cottages, Eastcombe

Extension to existing building – revised plans – No Observations.

   

Berrimans, Lypiatt

Erection of garages and 2 storey extension – Support

   

Stancombe Garage, Stancombe

Extension to dwelling and refurbishment etc. – Object – This is a major residential development totally out of keeping and outside the settlement area. Should be retained for small-scale commercial use only as at present.

   

Rectory Farm, Lime Kiln Lane, Bisley

Erection of 2 storey and single storey extension - Support

   

Battlescombe Farm

Revised Consultation – Support.

     

02.02

10.

Correspondence

   

The Following correspondence was received during the Month of January.

   

Henley Oak Limited

Golden Jubilee Sales literature

   

Gloucestershire Crime Reduction Support Unit

Junior Citizenship 2002

   

Gloucestershire Ambulance Service

Dates for Public Consultations

   

Gloucestershire County Council

Councillor Leaflets

   

Gloucestershire Ambulance Service

Invitation to public consultation

       

02.02

11.

Ward Matters

   

a)

Bisley

     

Mr Flint stated that although the 20 mph speed restriction appeared to be working to a certain degree, there were still people speeding through the village. The Clerk was asked to contact the police to enquire as to the possibility of a speed gun and also the County Council to see if it would be possible to install flashing lights to encourage motorists to slow down.

     

Mr Flint asked the Clerk to contact Severn Trent in respect of a drain in Wells Road which appeared to be broken.

   

b)

Eastcombe

     

Mr Carter asked whether a reply had been received from Thomas Keble School in respect of the fence on the recreation ground. The Clerk said that they were awaiting a quotation.

     

Mr Brooks said that all the drains at Bismore Hill were blocked. The Clerk was asked to contact the Highways Authority and ask for all the drains in the parish to be cleaned.

       
   

c)

Oakridge

     

The grit bin recently installed by the Highways Authority in the correct place has been moved. The Clerk was asked to contact them and ask for it to be reinstated.

02.02

12.

Date and Place of Next Meeting

The next meeting will be held at Bisley W I Hall at 7 30 p.m. on Wednesday, 6 March 2002.

There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.15 p.m.