MINUTES OF THE BISLEY-WITH-LYPIATT PARISH COUNCIL ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
HELD on Wednesday, 2nd May 2001 at 7.30 p.m

at BISLEY W I HALL

Mrs P Carrick

 

Chairman

     

Mr M Flint

}

 

Mr J P L Perkins

}

Bisley Ward

Mr N S Rogers

}

 
     

Mr T G Carter

 

Mr R K Brooks

}

Eastcombe Ward

Mrs J W Russell

}

 

Mrs O M Turner

}

 
     

Mr A C Newman

}

 

Mr R N Budgeon

}

Oakridge Ward

Mr R Bryant

}

 
     

Mrs E F Jordan

 

Clerk

In attendance: 2 members of the public were present

Apologies were received from County Cllr Chas Fellows, District Cllr Leslie Greene, Mrs Janet Martin

The Chairman gave copies of the Village Appraisal to the members. She asked for a further sponsorship cheque in the sum of £36 for additional printing in connection with this. This was unanimously agreed. Mr Newman tabled a motion of thanks to the Chairman for all her hard work in getting appraisal published.

1.

Election of Chairman

 

It was proposed by Mr T G Carter and seconded by Mrs J Russell that the retiring Chairman, Mrs Pat Carrick be invited to serve in that capacity for a further year. This proposal was supported unanimously. Mrs Carrick thanked the members and said that she would be pleased to accept. Mrs Carrick then signed the Declaration of Acceptance of Office which was duly witnessed by the Clerk.

2

Ward Appointments

 

Bisley

Ward Chairman

Mr M G Flint

   

Allotments Warden

Mr N S Rogers

   

Playing Field Warden

Mrs J M Martin

   

Snow Warden

Mrs J M Martin

   

Planning Sub Committee Chairman

Mr J P L Perkins

 

Eastcombe

Ward Chairman

Mr T G Carter

   

Allotments Warden

Mr R A Clack (non Cllr)

   

Playing Fields Warden

Mrs O Turner

   

Snow Warden

Mr B Brooks

   

Planning Sub Committee Chairman

Mr B Brooks

 

Oakridge

Ward Chairman

Mr A C Newman

   

Allotments Warden

Mr A C Newman

   

Playing Fields Warden

Mr R S Bryant

   

Snow Warden

Mr R S Bryant

   

Planning Sub-Committee Chairman

Mr R N Budgeon

 

Other Appointments

 
 

School Governors

Bisley

Eastcombe

Mrs B Brown

Miss P Gaston

   

Oakridge

To be advised

 

John Taylor Foundation

Mr R S Bryant

Mr C Pulley

 

Oakridge Village Hall Trust

Mrs P J Carrick

 

Twinning Committee

Mr A C Newman

Mr R K Brooks

Mrs P J Carrick (ex officio)

 

Parish Transport Rep

District Cllr L C Greene

 

Ancient Parish of Bisley

Mrs J W Russell

 

Mrs Carrick said that she was resigning from the position of Governor of the Oakridge Primary School and was actively looking for a replacement before September. There were no volunteers for this position.

Thanks were expressed to Mrs Russell, who resigned as Chairman of the Eastcombe Planning Sub-Committee, for all her hard work over the years.

Mr Bryant asked that it be borne in mind that the John Taylor Foundation gave grants to students up to the value of £50 towards the purchase of schoolbooks and equipment.

3.

Public Participation

 

A member of the public, Mr Brown, asked if he could make a comment after the item ‘Windyridge’ had been discussed. The Chairman agreed to this.

4.

Approval of the Minutes of the Meeting held on 4th April 2001

 

The Clerk told the meeting that she had amended the heading in the draft minutes. Mr Budgeon asked that ‘response not received’ be added to 01.05.9.c) after the word gazebo.

The minutes having been circulated to all members were approved with the above amendments and the Chairman signed the Minute Book.

5.

Matters Arising

 

a)

Dog Warden re: Eastcombe Recreation Ground

   

The Clerk told the meeting that she had contacted the Dog Warden who had visited the Recreation Ground and spoken to dog owners informing them of their responsibilities. She felt that most dog owners were responsible and willing to clean up after their dogs. She will visit on a regular basis.

 

b)

Standing Orders

   

It was agreed that the Standing Orders should be amended to include the agreement to a quarterly audit by the Chairman, and the new system for handling planning applications. The Clerk is to confer with Mr M G Flint on the wording.

 

c)

Cabinet for Planning Documents

   

Approval was given for the purchase of a fireproof four-drawer filing cabinet, for storing files, to be kept in the Baptist Church, Eastcombe. Mr Brooks said that the Church had agreed, in principle, to a rent of £20 per annum for this service.

Both the Chairman and the Clerk will keep keys and a register kept of the movement of files in and out of the cabinet.

 

d)

Nameplate for Manor Farm Lane, Eastcombe

   

A letter from Mr Adcock was placed before the Committee. There were no comments.

6.

District Council Matters

 

As District Councillor Greene was unable to be present, nothing was raised under this heading.

7.

County Council Matters

 

As County Councillor Fellows was unable to be present, nothing was raised under this heading.

8.

Finance


Receipts

   

£

TOMPA Donation

   

335.81

SDC 1st part of precept

   

10,500.00

Interest

   

3.87

     

£ 10839.68

       

Payments

Service

VAT

Total

E F Jordan (April Salary)

   

410.75

Inland Revenue (Tax & NI on Clerk’s Salary)

   

15.04

Bisley W I (Hire of hall for year)

   

144.00

Severn Trent (Bisley Playing field, & Pavilion – year)

   

53.18

Cornhill Insurance

   

601.32

GAPT Annual Membership

   

291.56

     

£ 1515.85

       

Cash Balance as at 31st April 2001

£15,516.61

   

Lock Up Account Balance as at 10th April 2001 £1,850.42

Mr Bryant told the meeting that the receipt of £335.81 was the final donation from TOMPA, which had now ceased to exist.

9.

Matters for Discussion

 

a)

The Countryside Agency Meeting – 9th April

   

The Meeting held last month had been informative but some Councillors expressed the feeling that as a lot of extra work was now being put upon Parish and Town Councils it could become more difficult to encourage members of the public to stand for election.

The Chairman gave details again of various grants that could be obtained, possibly, on a 50/50 basis. If the community were willing to give their time cash grants were available for various projects. Mr Flint asked the Chairman to enquire as to the nature of the ‘time’.

 

b)

Windyridge

   

Mr Perkins told the meeting that revised plans had been received from Quattro, the Architects. The Ward was concerned as to the reduction in size of the playground. They were also concerned as to what would happen, in the future, to the land that was not built on during the first phase. Although at first, there had been a sense of urgency from the District Council to get things moving, this seemed to have slowed down.

Although the Planning Sub-committee do not wish to jeopardise the building of the project they are concerned and have a meeting at Ebley Mill next week in order to try to clarify matters.

Mr Brown (a member of the public) was given the opportunity to speak and he too expressed his concern as to what would happen to the land that was not built on. He stated that he had the impression, after the public meeting and after having spoken to one of the officers, that the remaining land could be used for private executive housing.

 

c)

Proposed sale of land at Eastcombe Recreation Ground to Gloucestershire County Council

The Chairman said that she had been to the Records’ Office in Gloucester and confirmed that the land had been given in trust to the people of Eastcombe for their enjoyment as had the land which was now the allotments. The Parish Council cannot therefore sell this land.

The Clerk was asked to draft a letter to the Gloucestershire County Council, for approval, suggesting that easements be granted over the land they wish to purchase thus enabling them to build their soakaways and allowing them access for maintenance.

The Clerk was also asked to draft a letter asking for a Preservation Order to be placed on the trees bordering the Recreation Ground.

 

 

 

d)

Severn Trent Maintenance Plan

   

The Chairman told the meeting that she had put plans up in Oakridge showing where the works will take place. She offered to prepare plans for both Bisley and Eastcombe for displaying on notice boards.

There was some concern as to how long the water would be off and what notice would be given. There will be 48 hours notice of any water cuts although no specific timings could be given. If the water is to be off for a long time, due notice will be given.

 

e)

MAAF – David Drew’s Letter

   

The Council had been given a copy of a letter from David Drew received in response to the copy letter to MAAF sent to him in respect of the Foot and Mount outbreak.

There were no comments

 

f)

Community Safety Partnership

   

A letter had been received from Phil Sullivan, Community Safety Officer asking for a volunteer who would be prepared to meet with him at intervals with a view to increasing the flow of information between the Parish and his department. There were no volunteers. The Clerk was asked to reply to the letter.

 

g)

Thomas Keble Community Safety Partnership

   

A letter had been received from Gloucestershire Education Department regarding the Community Sports Facility at Thomas Keble School asking for a contribution. Councillors did not feel that the electors wished to give a contribution and voted not to do so. The Clerk was asked to reply to the letter.

 

h)

Cherrypiece, Waterlane grass cutting quotation

   

A letter had been received from Mr Bucknell with a quotation of £40 for cutting Butt’s Piece in Waterlane during the coming year. The Clerk was asked to accept this quotation

 

i)

Meeting with GCC Chief Executive

   

The Chairman and the Clerk attended a meeting at Thomas Keble School with the Gloucestershire County Council Chief Executive, Joyce Redfearn, County Cllr Chas Fellows and representatives from neighbouring parishes. It was felt that this was a useful meeting and amongst other things, the inferior state of the roads generally was discussed. Ms Redfearn will make enquiries to try and solve problems.

She was also interested to hear what was happening in the Parishes and that Bisley-with-Lypiatt would prefer to cut their own verges in future and again will investigate.

 

j)

Bus Shelters

   

A letter had been received from the Transport Planning Officer Sustainable Transport Unit who was conducting a survey to determine the condition of bus shelters. The Clerk had provided him with a list.

 

k)

Extra Item

   

Mr Flint asked for approval of the Memorandum of an Agreement made between the Bisley Cricket Club and the Bisley-with-Lypiatt Parish Council for the use of the Pavilion at Bisley. This was given and the Chairman signed the Agreement.

10

Planning

   

Bisley - none

   

Eastcombe - see attached

   

Oakridge - see attached

11

Correspondence

   

The following correspondence had been received during April and was on the table to read.

   

Gloucestershire Rural Community Council

Rural Voice

   

Gloucestershire Police Authority

Annual Policing and Best Value Performance Plan 2001-2001

   

The Countryside Agency

Regional View

   

Department of the Environment, Transport and the Regions

News Releases

ACRE

Rural Life Conference details

   

Gloucestershire Education

ACET

   

SDC

Environmental Statement 1999/2000

   

Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust

Annual Report 1999/2000

12

Ward Matters

 

Bisley

  1. Mr Rogers had been given a copy of a document from the Education Department as a Consultee and asked for approval to complete the questionnaire to the best of his knowledge. This was given.
  2. A document has been received in respect of the proposed 20mph signs in Bisley, which will be circulated round the Ward for comments. Mr Brooks asked whether there was a plan to extend the 30mph limit towards Eastcombe. Mr Flint will pursue this.
  3. It was suggested that any minor corrections to the draft minutes be given to the Clerk before meetings so that the copy can be corrected. This was agreed.
  4. The British Legion wish to hire the Pavilion 5/6 times a year and asked for approval to display some of their signs and memorabilia on the walls. There was no objection to this. Mr Flint will prepare terms under which they can occupy the premises.
  5. There was concern in the village at the appearance of an AA sign directing traffic to the Selsley Herb Farm. The Clerk was asked to ascertain whether this was a permanent sign.
 

Eastcombe

  1. Mrs Russell asked for an overhanging branch from a tree on the village green to be cut back.
  2. It was asked that a notice be put in the village magazine asking for people not to park on the corner of Dr Crouch’s Road at the Baptist Church by the village green.
  3. The Clerk was asked to check for an agreement with the Junior Football team requesting them not to have tall trees on the bottom boundary.
  4. Mr Brooks asked for approval to purchase a new Mowing Machine for the Village. This was agreed and Mr Bryant offered to place the order.
 

Oakridge

  1. The mosaic done by the school children in the bus shelter is now complete and there will be a launch on the 19th May. It was requested that repairs to the roof be carried out before then.
  2. It has been agreed within the Ward to carry out repairs, to the value of £500/600, to the Cricket Pavilion from budgeted funds. Mr Lionel Robins has agreed to undertake the work without charge.
  3. A Meeting had been held with Mr Beard representing the Oakridge Football Club regarding the standard of cleanliness of the pavilion during the season although it had been adequately cleaned at the end of the season. It was agreed that the football field should be resurfaced in the eastern end goalmouth and the club were willing contribute £50 towards reseeding. The Clerk was asked to write to Mr Beard.
  4. It had been noted that unbeknown to the Council, restrictive road signs had appeared at the top and bottom of Whiteway Hill in Oakridge Lynch. The Clerk will try and ascertain who authorised the signs.
  5. Mr Bryant will place the seat donated by Mrs Ann Penmore on the playing field near the play equipment. It was requested that a letter of thanks be sent to Mrs Penmore.

13.

Date and Place of Next Meeting

 

The next meeting will be held at Bisley W I Hall on Wednesday, 6th June at 7.30 p.m.